Mitek Millennial Survey: Love of Selfies Is Transforming Mobile Commerce
In its third annual Millennial survey,
"As the largest generation in the
Key findings from the survey include:
Millennials are addicted to their smartphone cameras: 85 percent take selfies and many are taking more than five a day
- The number of older
U.S.Millennials taking 20 or more selfies a day is double that of younger Millennials.
- More than a quarter of older
U.S.Millennials say the camera is the most important function on their mobile device, vs. 16 percent of younger Millennials.
There is enormous unmet demand to use selfies and the camera for commerce and identity verification
- Only four percent of
U.S.Millennials currently use selfies to authorize purchases, but 46 percent would like to do so.
- Only six percent of
U.S.Millennials use selfies to verify their identity, but 39 percent would like to do so.
- Forty-two percent of the oldest Millennials strongly prefer taking a picture of their driver's license instead of filling out a form vs. 23 percent of the youngest.
Mobile experience matters to Millennials, and should matter to businesses that want them as customers
- Eighty-four percent of Millennials consider a good mobile user experience important or essential in order to do business with them.
- Eighty-eight percent of
U.S.Millennials are conducting transactions from their mobile device with 15 percent doing so multiple times a day.
- Nearly half of older Millennials have made a decision on where to spend money or switched companies based upon the mobile experience.
- When asked which industries provide the best mobile user experience, banking ranked number one by the majority (57 percent) of
U.S.Millennials - outranking car services such as Uberand Lyft.
To download the full
To view an infographic of the survey findings, visit: https://www.miteksystems.com/resources/older-millennials-infographic
Read Mitek's latest blog post: http://www.miteksystems.com/blog
Ann ReichertSenior Director of Marketing email@example.com Katherine VerducciMIX Public Relations firstname.lastname@example.org Mitek Investor Contacts: Todd Kehrlior Jim Byers MKR Group, Inc.email@example.com
News Provided by Acquire Media